Tuesday, September 26, 2006

London Shoe RoundUp

Ok, so the clothes in Gareth Pugh's collection were unwearable, but the boots were very sexy. The picture is kind of small, but the boots look nice

I loved the shoes at Preen. They weren't that original, but they were creative and still classic. They had these kinds of shoes in such pretty colors too, I really liked the very pretty pale blue ones.

It looks like the Balenciaga inspired shoes will be big this spring as well. These are by Aquascutum, and aren't are high as the ones Balenciaga did last spring, and I don't like them. But my guess is that Balenciaga-inspired shoes will be very popular.

It looks like my wish that wedges will disappear and never come back won't come true. These are Emporio Armani. Something about wedges just looks wrong, tacky, cheap, and as my best friend calls it, "whore-ish". The sad thing is these shoes might actually be pretty if they had a stiletto heel instead of a wedge.

Most of the shoes at Paul Smith looked like ugly womanized versions of men's dressed shoes. This is one of his more creative ones. I don't like it...

Noir is environmental friendly, so if you need a way to feel better about yourself, I recommend you get a pair of these pumps. Pumps are classic, and although I don't like shinny things very much, these shoes aren't bad.

The shoes at Roksanda Ilincic were weird. They were too shiny, to clunky, and the bows are too big and look ridiculous. They are kind of funny, though, no?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The boots were very sexy and yes the “men’s into women’s” shoes were a joke but the heels were mesmerizing. I am a strong willed man, but a woman can wrap me around her finger when she struts in those shiny spikes.

I have said before that the blocky “whore” shoe as your friend calls them are not attractive. I don’t see what the appeal is other then to add height to the wearer. I am sorry to disagree with you but even a spiked heel can’t save that shoe.

Also, shoes are about attitude. Even an ugly shoe can be sexy if the facial expression of the wearer is right.

8:02 AM  
Blogger dewi said...

attitude, yes!
that totally reminds me of this Tom Ford quote from an interview awhile ago. It was something like, When you wear 5-inch heels, yes, your feel hurt, but you have this sense of confidence!
I heart Tom Ford :)

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5 inch heels, your feet must hurt. You wear them all the time?

2:02 PM  
Blogger dewi said...

lol
mostly 3.5 or 4 inch... 5 inch for more formal occasions. the problem with 5 inch is that my feet aren't that big (size 7) so it's hard to find 5 inch shoes without ugly platforms

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you wear shoes that high all-day you must slip them off your heel when you sit down from time to time to give your feet a break.

Ouch!

I bet you “click-a-tee-click” all over the place.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home