Monday, September 18, 2006

The Banning of the Skinny Ones

Milan banned all models who have under a BMI (body mass index) of 18 from their shows. Considering that this was in Milan, and happened at approximately the same time that NY fashion week was taking place, I don't think anyone was that worried. However, Britain is considering putting a similar ban on too-skinny models. Although I advocate healthy life styles, this is hardly fair. Clothes look better on taller, thinner frames, and honestly, the modeling world does not affect the public and media nearly as much as the celebrity world. It would make more sense to ban Kate Bosworth or Nicole Richie from magazines! I really really hope that Britain doesn't ban, because Snejana and Vlada, and I'm sure many other amazing models will not be able to participate in Fashion Week. That said, I'm 5'6'', eat like crazy, do absolutely no exericise (except yoga occasionally) and have a BMI under 18. Some people really can't help it.



Snejana: Please don't ban me!

pic from nymag

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home